badge badge
badge
badge
badge

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Aboutme.SubinCareer - Don't Beef Your CV, Love Your Job

Don't Beef Your CV, Love Your Job 

Warren Buffett loves his job. 

And so when it comes to career advice, Buffett somewhat predictably thinks that you too should love your job too.
In a lecture at The University of Florida's business school in 1998, Buffett told students to stop thinking about their damn resumes and just think about what they want to do.
And then said do that. 
Here's Buffett, via Buffett FAQ:
I get to work in a job that I love, but I have always worked at a job that I loved. I loved it just as much when I thought it was a big deal to make $1,000. I urge you to work in jobs that you love. I think you are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs that you don't like because you think it will look good on your resume. I was with a fellow at Harvard the other day who was taking me over to talk. He was 28 and he was telling me all that he had done in life, which was terrific. And then I said, "What will you do next?" "Well," he said, "Maybe after I get my MBA I will go to work for a consulting firm because it will look good on my resume." I said, "Look, you are 28 and you have been doing all these things, you have a resume 10 times than anybody I have ever seen. Isn't that a little like saving up sex for your old age?"

For further reading, please click here https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/warren-buffett-thinks-working-just-194448699.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

badge